BBC Journalist filmed a UFO in the skies above Stourbridge.


UFO filmed in the skies above Stourbridge .
Footage captured by a BBC WM journalist above the skies of the village of Wollaston near Stourbridge

A BBC WM journalist has filmed a mysterious light in the skies above Stourbridge.

The footage was recorded at around 9.30pm on the evening of Monday, 17 May using a mobile phone.

It shows an orange ball crossing the horizon above Wollaston, travelling from north to south, before disappearing behind some trees.

BBC WM's Brett Birks was watering his garden at the time and happened to look up at the sky.

"I glanced upwards and saw this orange ball," he said.

"It was travelling on a perfect course across the sky. It appeared to change colour from orange to yellow and back again. It was absolutely silent.

"Luckily I had my mobile phone in my pocket so was able to capture about a minute's worth of footage before the object disappeared behind some trees."

Brett, who presents the BBC WM Introducing music show with Louise Brierley on Thursday nights, admits to having a keen interest in UFOs.

"It caught me off guard but it was quite exciting. I'm really not sure what it was. I know that Chinese lanterns account for a lot of UFO sightings these days. It could have been one of those or maybe something more mysterious!"